Here's the trailer from Youtube of Mission Impossible 4 Ghost Protocol and just from watching the trailer alone and the last Mission Impossible movie Failure I honestly cannot get hyped up for the new one.
Tell me, doesn't the whole "infiltrate a building from the top by literally committing suicide" action sequence seem kind of old ? Because these movies seem more like an attempt to cash in on an action movie, then stay true to the classic series. Don't agree, just watch this trailer for the sequel of the first movie....
Movie sequels to me always end up bad because the change of directors, which kills a franchise.
Harry Potter 3-6 would be an example because each director brought on to replace the old one always has to add his or her own style which frustrates me because:
1. I love the Harry Potter series
2. I liked Chris Columbus's first two films the best
3. This may just be me, but I hate when a movie series changes it's style so often.
Here's the list of the directors who did the Harry Potter series from Wikipedia
1. Chris Columbus did the first two films but was burnt out so they brought along
2. Alfonso Cuarón to direct the third one.
3. He declined to do the 4th film so Mike Newell took on the project.
4. last but not least David Yates directed all films after Newell and continues to be the one who will finish the series with Deathly Hallows part one and two.
So I'm not hyped up for Mission Impossible 4 and don't understand how people continue watching the movie series after the second movie was crap ....
I would also like to say that you guys may not agree with me but that's because everyone has different tastes in movies and I for one find it annoying when a movie series changes directors because there's always that director who's directing a movie based on my favorite franchise or series that gets me hooked on it