I've been asking myself this since I read a book about Asperger, which was a great book, called "Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome". I recognised a lot of things of myself in the book, and I started to take some tests, the results are at the bottom of this message.
Here are the things I think are similair whit AS:
- I hate social things, and try to find a way out when I really have to do things like that. Mostly it works, but not always. And then it really freaks me out.
- I'm really bad at making new friends. I'm also very shy, but I just don't talk that easily to people I don't know. And then they think I'm weird and they don't talk to me either.
- I've got quite a few obsessions, like Charmed, CSI, my keyboard, writing and reading storys, making pictures whit Paint Shop Pro and a bunch of other stuff. And believe me, this isn't just an average obsession, it's way more than that.
- I have to do things in a specific routine, otherwise I'll freak out. And that's no fun, really. For example, when we go on vacation, I already know which light switch switches on which lamp before we're there for five minutes. I'm not exaggerating, really!
- I like to do things the same way, everytime I do them. Almost everything I do is like that.
- I have to plan everything in adventage, so if anything unplanned happens, I totally freak out (again). I know, I freak out quite fast. I'm ver inflexible in that stuff.
- I hate new situations and the like, because I can't plan them.
- I get really nervous when someone watches me, so making eye contact is a bad thing to do for me.
- I daydream a lot. It's fun.
- When I've got a pencil etc. in my hand, I can't hold it still.
- I need to have everything in perfect order, otherwise I'll get totally upset and go put everything back where it belongs. This happens every week, when my Mum vacuumed my room and puts everything out of order. (this can also be OCD, I'm not sure about this one)
- I'm really bad at talking on the phone. I'd rather e-mail people, even when it's urgent.
I probably forgot some things, but I can't think of any right now. I really hope someone can help me, but I do know that diagnosing can only be done personal and not online. But I still hope so.
Here are a few results from tests:
37 points, possibly got Asperger syndrome.
Your Aspie score: 160 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 42 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
My AQ score: 37
32-50 very high (most people with asperger syndrome or high functioning autism score around 35)
HUMANMETRICS Jung Typology Test:
Your Type is: ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
89 50 75 78
"There are many different thruths: my truth, your truth and THE truth." (China)
"It's hard to believe someone is telling the truth, when you know that if you were in their position, you would lie." (H.Mencken)